Greening Transportation Safety Board of Canada operations
Strategies / comments
- Approach: For the 2011–12 fiscal year, the Transportation Safety Board of Canada's (TSB) approach to implementing the Policy on Green Procurement was to:
- promote the use of Public Works and Government Services Canada's (PWGSC) green consolidated procurement instruments; and
- encourage the delivery of green procurement training to procurement, material management and accommodations personnel.
- Management processes and controls: In 2011–12, the TSB continued to make enhancements to its departmental policies, processes and control mechanisms in support of green and environmental considerations. Highlights included:
- the creation of a new procurement tracking system to better monitor the usage of PWGSC’s green consolidated procurement instruments. As such, in the 2012–13 Departmental Performance Report (DPR), the TSB will have the capacity to report on whether the targets set out in the 2012–13 Report on Plans and Priorities (RPP) were met;
- the centralization of procurement initiation to ensure (PWGSC) procurement instruments are used, when and where applicable;
- the delivery of green procurement notices, bulletins and training for the procurement team.
- Date modified: